Whether you have pseudogynecomastia or are curious about this condition, we will try to give you all the necessary information about this disease. You might think you have it and you do not. The best is always to see a specialist, but from there, we will try to clarify all these doubts that arise.
And it is that in a world where for many the image is significant and where there is so much medical and scientific progress, it is not necessary to suffer this problem of male breast augmentation. Keep reading and absorbing all the information you need to know if you have it and what decisions you need to make.
What is Pseudogynecomastia?
We all remember Robert “Bob” Paulson in the Wrestling Club and his giant breasts, among which Edward Norton was comforted in the film. Male pseudogynecomastia is a disease that consists of an excessive and pathological volume of human breasts. It is a hypertrophy of the breasts of man, an excessive growth of his mammary glands.
It can occur in one or both breasts. The age group of the most affected men is usually between 18 and 50 years old, generally with excess weight and a sedentary lifestyle. The meaning of the term lies in the etymology because the word is formed by the Greek roots gyne (woman) and mastos (breast, breast, teta). There are several types of pseudogynecomastia that we can group:
• Symmetrical or asymmetrical gynecomastia: where both breasts are of equal size or where one may be more affected than the other.
• Gynecomastia unilateral or bilateral: where the problem occurs only in one chest or in both.
On the other hand, one should not confuse this disease with the excess of fat accumulated in the breasts of the man. This accumulation of adipose tissue in the male breasts is known as adipomastia or pseudogynecomastia and in this one the breasts are usually soft because they are fat whereas in gynecomastia they are harder because they have an epithelial origin.
However, one could say that the common point is the hypertrophy of male breasts, always keeping in mind that adipomastia is more comfortable to eliminate since it is probably due to factors such as poor nutrition, lack of ‘exercise. By correcting these bad habits and replacing them with healthier habits, a man could surely correct this problem. It can also happen that in obese men,
Causes of Pseudogynecomastia
Although the causes can be very varied, most are due to a hormonal imbalance between androgens and estrogens. Hormonal changes that are almost always caused by medication or physiological changes. It may indicate the existence of an underlying endocrine or tumour disease. When the causes are due to physiological changes, they are grouped into three stages:
• Pseudogynecomastia in the newborn: This is the first stage in which it can occur and usually occurs because the fetuses have been exposed to the mother’s estrogen during pregnancy, through the placenta. Normally, a baby’s gynecomastia disappears in one to several months.
• Pseudogynecomastia at puberty: The second stage is at youth and is usually administered to adolescent males between the ages of 13 and 14 years. This is due to the hormonal imbalances inherent in adolescent development when androgens are less than estrogen. This pathology usually disappears with time.
• Pseudogynecomastia in Old Age: The third stage is old where it is also caused by hormonal changes typical of age because there is a decrease in the production of testosterone in the testes. This does not happen only in ancient men, because it can appear at the age of 50 years. It can become permanent, and the only solution is the aesthetic operation.
The other type of pseudogynecomastia we’ve talked about is that caused by the use or abuse of drugs that cause hormonal changes that can lead to an increase in male breasts that may go away if treatment is stopped. These medications may be for treating cancer, AIDS, but in recent years the drugs that most gynecomastia have caused in men are anabolic steroids. Many bodybuilders consume them and many also those who have had to deal with this problem because steroids alter the body’s hormonal balance, so that female hormones gain ground for men, and there is helplessness and enlargement of the mammary glands. For aesthetic reasons,
The symptoms of gynecomastia are essentially what we have told you so far. They are visible; the main thing is to see you have an increase in the mammary glands of one or both breasts. You may notice a different sensation in your breasts, a specific sensitivity or a different touch that can sometimes even cause a little pain, especially in the nipple and areola. Sometimes you can also have secretions of milk through the nipple.
The solution to regaining healthy breasts goes through a gynecomastia operation. This is a plastic or cosmetic surgery operation that has proven to be the most effective treatment of all, it may even be the only one repeatedly, although it depends on your condition. For adipomastia, the operation is a liposuction or the beginning of a life of food and physical balance.
Pseudogynecomastia Treatment – Surgery or Supplement
The operation of gynecomastia or breast reduction in men has a different approach to breast reduction in women. Depending on the type of tissue, it is possible to remove excess glandular tissue, excess fat or even sometimes a combination of both techniques is needed.
The operation involves removing the excess mammary gland by a small incision in the areola of the breasts (the area around the nipple). If you have mixed gynecomastia, that is to say, an excess of breasts but also fat in the area, liposuction can also be performed during the operation. Excess fat is absorbed through small cannulas. Also, excess skin is corrected. It is usually performed under general anaesthesia.
The procedure can be performed on healthy men of any age. Before, for preoperative gynecomastia, you will have to undergo several exams, such as physical exams, blood tests, electrocardiograms, mammograms, etc. Besides, you will need to consider a range of special care, such as fasting and liquid fasting for six hours before surgery or, if you smoke, stop smoking at least a week before. Medical solutions depend on the degree of gynecomastia:
• Mild: This problem is usually solved in 50% of cases by liposuction using special cannulas that extract some of the mammary gland and accumulated fat. It is performed under local anaesthesia and sedation.
• Moderate: Usually 40% of cases and these occasions are more effective laser assisted liposuction or lipolaser, which helps liquefy fat, more easily destroy the mammary gland and retract excess skin. Sometimes it is also necessary to perform a small mastectomy, which involves cutting through the lower edge of the areola and removing the laser-resistant breast gland. It is performed under local anaesthesia and sedation.
• Severe: This is usually the least common, and it is when there is too much skin, and the breasts are as developed as those of a woman. It is at this point that a reduction mammoplasty must be performed, that is, to remove the skin, mammary gland and excess fat with a scalpel. There is a scar around the mammary areola and sub-mammary groove. It is done under general anaesthesia.
The post-operative is simple. Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics and certain medications to reduce pain or inflammation. Besides, you will need to wear a belt in your chest to help reduce swelling. This inflammation can last up to three months so that the final results of the operation will be visible only after this period. However, the results are often visible from the first day, since they are evident despite inflammation.
During the postoperative period, you will have to pass several checkups to look after yourself, to remove stitches, etc. You will not be able to do intense physical exercises or sudden movements for at least the first three weeks. On the other hand, it is not recommended to expose oneself to the sun during the early months, because of scars, even less without sunscreen. For the rest, you can lead a healthy life in a few days. You can resume your normal activities after one week. Most men feel little pain after the operation.
The price of the operation depends on each plastic surgery clinic because it is a free and private market. It will also vary depending on whether you need liposuction alone, removal of the mammary gland alone, or both. The cost also depends on the type of anaesthesia used. There are web pages where you can learn about the experience of other users and consult doctors, although the average price of the operation varies between $1,500 and $5,000. Another option is to operate on gynecomastia through social security but will depend on the case and the Autonomous Community. If you cannot afford surgery, you can go with herbal supplements for gynecomastia like Gynectrol. Check out OMB’s review page for more information on this supplement.
Pseudoynecomastia or Not – Get It Confirm
As you can see, this pathology has a resolution without it becoming very aggressive, not even in the operation that is performed. If in your case it is only cellulite or flaccidity, the solution is to improve your diet; we recommend consulting a nutritionist who will do a full study and will advise you according to your metabolism, your diet or other, and do more sports. Now that you have all this information, you’ll know if you look like gynecomastia, how to avoid it, or how to cure it if you already have it. If still you are confused, visit OMB main page for more information.
Checkout My Favorite Recommendation For Pseudogynecomastia Supplements